The list of features that need to be done to the engine. Items that are
struck out, have been completed.
- Get OSX build up and running – this is a priority as I typically use my Mac Book most of the time
- Replace LUA scripting with GameMonkey – LUA has caused a few issues in the past for me, especially with the meta-table functions are registered. Besides, I like the prefer the more consistent syntax of GameMonkey.
Implement stenciling for light sources during the light pass so that only objects within light volumes are lit
- Implement light volumes for:-
- Directional lights
- Spot lights
- Area lights
- Custom directional & area lights
- Implement LOD models for spherical lights
- Calculate positions of pixels in camera-space, rather than using a texture to hold them. This means that the entire render system will only ever use a single colour render target.
- Implement a shadow pass using stencil shadows
- Add support for custom post-processing passes
- Skinned mesh support using CPU and GPU skinning via Transform Feedback/Streamout
- Implement support for uniform/constant blocks
- Implement basic skeleton support
- Support for play-back of frame animations